Examples of Religious Workforce Quantitative Research Questions
Time range for quantitative component: 2000-2019
How Congregations Are Served
- Question: How have patterns of clergy deployment changed in recent years by clergy levels of training for ministry?
- Question: How have the following patterns of clergy deployment changed in recent years?
- Churches served by multiple clergy
- One pastor serving one congregation full-time
- One full-time pastor serving more than one congregation
- One part-time pastor serving one church
- Question: How have the deployment and demographic characteristics of clergy serving
congregations of differing sizes, amount of finances, and locations changed over time?
Clergy Demographic Trends
- Question: How are patterns of the makeup of clergy changing by age?
- Question: How are patterns of the makeup of clergy changing by gender?
- Question: How are patterns of the makeup of clergy changing by race and ethnicity?
Congregational Economics, Especially Related to Personnel
- Question: How has the proportion of church expenditures spent on personnel, facilities, mission, and programs changed over time?
- Question: How has the proportion of personnel expenditures spent on clergy versus lay staff changed in recent years?